I've got a couple of projects going in the workshop, but nothing ready to be posted yet. So, in lieu of a more substantial project rundown, here's a couple of quickie projects that I knocked out this week:
This is my Daughter's Rocking Chair from when she was a little girl. It's been in our attic in storage for probably over 15 years. It was starting to look rough before we put it up there, and the attic conditions haven't improved it's state any. That's pink fiberglass insulation stuck all over it. Our attic isn't made for storage - but that doesn't stop us from cramming as much crap as possible up there.
The Grandbaby will be in need of a little rocking chair very soon, though, so I crawled up there and fished this old girl out to see if I could bring it back to life a bit.
I removed the old remaining finish with Formby's Furniture Refinisher. Then I wiped on a coat of Watco "Light Oak" danish oil. The next day I sprayed on a couple of coats of clear, and the chair looks much better now:
I also tackled a little gauge that I picked up a while back.
Its an old Kellogg Air Gauge that dates back to around 1904, or so. I liked the style of it and the lettering on the face. I figure I'll end up using it on a steampunk style project in the future. Here she is all cleaned up: