Sorry for the utter lack of posts last week - the arrival of Spring combines with a busy week at work/on call to produce an environment very unfriendly to blog posting. Just not enough time.
The workshop did produce a finished product:
That's a (reproduction) antique style candy machine that we picked up at a flea market a couple of years ago. No before picture. I thought for sure that I took one when we bought it but couldn't find it anywhere. It had been painted several times in its life before we found it. The last paint job was especially hideous. It was entirely painted in a pink color that someone applied very heavily with a paintbrush.
She looks much better now, and I rigged the mechanism to operate without the use of coins. My Wife has been tinkering around with glass etching and plans to etch the globe with some sort of old timey looking lettering and design, which should look pretty cool when done.
Also started work on restoring an old Arvin space heater that I picked up last year. Nice to be out in the workshop again...