My Buddy, Xmichra, has bestowed upon me an award:
The receipt of said award requires the recipient to reveal 7 things about themselves that they may not have previously.....
I generally can't remember what I've said on this blog and what I haven't - so I'll just go for the ones that most people don't know about me. Here goes:
1. I'm a Dog Catcher by trade, and have been so since 1994, but I actually have a Degree in Business Adminstration/Accounting from a major Texas University. I also have enough college hours to have a Master's Degree if I could just figure out how to arrange them properly.
2. I have almost no sense of smell whatsoever.
3. The weirdest thing I've ever eaten is an Opossum.
4. When I was a boy, a friend and I would sneak down to the river bottom near my house and watch idiot Klansmen burn crosses. It was scary.
5. My least favorite class in College was public speaking. I hate being the center of attention and you don't get more "front and center" than when you're actually "front and center". My final presentation was a demonstration and tutorial for how to milk a cow - complete with a faux cow udder filled with water which I used to squirt people in the first couple of rows in the class.
I got an "A".
6. I actually took a course in college that required me to insert my entire right arm into a cow's rectum. Its a process called palpation. The cows generally resist this procedure.
7. I'm the worst person on the planet when it comes to remembering names. I've tried all the memory tricks and I still suck at it. If I see you somewhere once I'll remember your face forever. However, if we're best friends I'll probably forget your name if I don't talk to you for a year.