Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. I indeed have much to be thankful for.

In honor of the day, here's some artwork from one of my favorite illustrators, J.C. Leyendecker, that feature the Holiday.

leyendecker thanksgiving 7

leyendecker thanksgiving 2

leyendecker thanksgiving

leyendecker thanksgiving 4

This last one isn't so much a Thanksgiving illustration as it is a Self-Portrait of the Artist painting a Thanksgiving illustration. I like it for many reasons, including the fact that he's painting a picture of a Thanksgiving feast while cooking a sausage in a "cool handle" steel skillet on top of a kerosene parlor stove.... and I have identical restored versions of both the skillet and the stove in my living room right now :)

leyendecker thanksgiving 5

Mine...

 
green heater after

8 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Wow! I've never seen that self portrait before and I love Lyendecker's work! Thanks for sharing it here, Paladin!

Paladin said...

M.D. - It was a new one for me too.. seeing the sausage cooking made me more hungry than seeing the Turkey :)

Six said...

Happy Thanksgiving Paladin. I hope you and the family have a wonderful day.

Paladin said...

Thanks Six, and a Happy Turkey Day to you and yours.

Stephen said...

Great art work, love it. And, I want the stove. Now I have another project on my want list. My you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend. God Bless.

Paladin said...

I actually have two restored kerosene stoves right now. Had three and gave one to my Daughter. This one is closest to the one in the picture. I almost bought another one at a flea market the other day that was a beauty.... I think I need help :)

Wilson said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Murphy's Law said...

Happy Thanksgiving from me and Murphy!