Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Spelling it out

Driving home from work last night, I was listening to the Mark Levin show on the radio. During the part of the show that I caught, Mark was playing audio clips from the past of conservatives  explaining Conservatism. One of my favorites was a clip of Milton Friedman on the Phil Donahue show back in the 1970's.

I like watching and listening to people who can clearly and distinctly express the concepts of Conservatism. Such discussions are what led me to the realization that, regardless of the purity of my motivations when I was more Liberal in my political leanings, Conservatism is the only political path that truly leads to the betterment of our nation.

Here's a short clip of Mr. Friedman responding to a question from a student at Stanford University, regarding striving for equality vs. liberty.... the best part is the last minute.


You could take the young man in the clip and he would fit right in to any Occupy {insert whatever system you don't understand here} rally and he would sound perfectly at home.

"A society that aims for equality before liberty will end up with neither equality nor liberty."


"You can only aim at equality by giving some people the right to take some things from others. And what ultimately happens when you aim at equality is that A and B shall decide what C shall do for D."

1 comment:

Hillbilly said...

thanks for the post. good stuff. I'm passing it on as well.