Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veteran's Day - Four Little Words

Thank you for Serving.... 

Soldier in the bulge Sourbrodt Belgium December 19 1944
Sourbrodt Belgium, December 19, 1944

If you know someone who has served or is serving in the US Military make sure you make it a point to say those four little words today. I'm not the most gregarious person in the world and it was sort of awkward for me to approach a Serviceman that I didn't know the first time I did it. I've never been sorry that I took the 10 seconds to stick out my hand and say "Thanks" that time... or any time since.

In my opinion they deserve to hear those words multiple times every day for the rest of their lives - and those four little words don't begin to express the depth of gratitude that I feel toward the people who disrupt their lives, spend long periods away from their families, and risk life & limb in order to keep all of us safe and sound in the Land of the Free.

No comments: