Monday, December 31, 2012

Deal Breaker

The Oath of Office, sworn by each and every member of Congress- including the Vice President of the United States:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter."

The Constitution of the United States is a contract between the American People and her Government. It is the underlying framework upon which all of our individual laws and interactions as States is built upon. It makes the "United" part of "United States" possible.

If you haven't read the proposed Assault Weapon Ban legislation, please do so. I don't think it will pass, personally. I think the Liberals are trying to take too big of a bite from the apple and are underestimating how something this drastic will play out in the nation as a whole. I think they would have had a fairly decent chance simply trying to pass a repeat of the original AWB... but they are a greedy lot.

I could be wrong, though.

We may wake up one morning to discover that we have a decision to make. The AWB Bill, or some version of it, may pass and become law in spite of its clearly unconstitutional nature. Each of us who owns firearms targeted by the legislation will have to decide: Comply with a law that I feel spits in the face of The Constitution... or refuse to comply. In my opinion, such an act by my Government shatters the agreement we formerly had between us. They are no longer my Government, but an occupying force unrestrained by the Rule of Law.

You are free to make up your own mind. I encourage you to do two things in the days to come:

1. Think about your potential response to this legislation long and hard. If you do decide to go the non-compliance route, there are many options for doing so - each with their pros and cons. Consider each of them carefully.

2. Remember that your discussions on the internet are not taking place in your living room. No matter how friendly an audience you appear to have for your thoughts on the matter, anyone and everyone with a computer can see every word you type.




These people broke the laws that were placed upon them, because they recognized that those laws were unjust.

george washington valley forge

They shook off the chains of tyranny, not because they didn't respect The Rule of Law. They rebelled against tyranny because they understood that there is a Name for men who live at the whim of another:

Slave.

george washington-praying

8 comments:

Stephen said...

Amen, Brother. If this law passes it will certainly separate the men from the boys. I shall indeed become an outlaw.

LL said...

Madison and Monroe and Hamilton warned over factionalism, and today we have it in spades. It is a huge problem and a huge warning. One faction (the great unwashed eaters of other men's bread) won the recent election.

The other faction feels that the Constitution, free enterprise and personal sovereignty is the only course, lost.

While the Progressives want to shove their agenda down out throats. Churchill’s analogy has made clear over and over, everything else in history has been worse. Usually it has been FAR WORSE.

And while I'm no Thomas Paine, sometimes it's better to speak up and act well your part than to die a slave.

Matt said...

I certainly wish everyone would pay more attention to your point #2 about who is watching us.

It's scary watching so many publish their "play book"for the other side to see.

Robert Fowler said...

I made my decision long ago. None of my guns will be registered. If they want to confiscate them by force, ok. I decided a long time ago what price I would pay to keep my guns. They are going to have to decide what price they are willing to pay to take them.

Since a majority of LEO's, including feds, have decided they will not obey a unconstitutional law, the gun haters have a problem.

Paladin said...

Matt - Me too. Reading some of the blogs I frequent over the past couple of days it appears that OpSec is a foreign concept.

Murphy's Law said...

I think we're thinking the same thoughts here.

Kal said...

You are already slaves to your corporate masters. This is all theatre. Bread and circuses to keep your attention away from who is REALLY enslaving you and it's not the people you think.

armedlaughing said...

Yeah. Those colonial bastards fought over a 3 pence tax on TEA!

gfa