Saturday, January 12, 2013

What big teeth you have.....

I had plans to get out in the Woods Thursday and Friday this week. Still a little less than a month of Squirrel season left here. There's access to a small lake where I was going... maybe catch a few fish too? I had the schedule all cleared....

Best laid plans went awry.

I ended up doing Granddaughter duty with Bailey since she's come down with the Flu. It will be a test of my Flu Shot (first time I've gotten one in about a decade), although the strain she has isn't the strain I've been vaccinated against. We'll see.

I've had worse chores come up unexpectedly to interfere with my plans.... Bailey is fun to hang around with even when she's sick. We made cookies and watched movies... and we may have even ventured out to the Park today to enjoy the sunshine even though we were supposed to stay inside. Entertaining a recuperating 4 year old for two days does make catching up on my favorite blogs a little problematic, though, so I'm sorry I haven't had time to comment on many of the great posts that have come out in the past couple of days.

Having her around always reminds me of the responsibility we have as parents and grand parents to ensure the safety of the little ones - instead of just paying lip service to it and creating the illusion of security.


baby wolves

3 comments:

hiswiserangel said...

The only thing more funner than kids are grandkids. Your absence is forgiven. Great graphic.

Paladin said...

Yep. I especially like the fact that with Grandkids you can send them back to their Mom and Dad after you've used up all the fun bits :)

hiswiserangel said...

spoil 'em rotten, fill 'em full of sugar, keep 'em up past nap time, send 'em home wired and cranky. God bless grandparents. :-D