Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chicken Yard

I finished up the Chicken run construction last weekend and got the Coop in final position inside the run and leveled. The run itself measures 7 feet by 11 feet.

chicken yard small

I still need to bring in sand. I'm putting down a sand layer a couple of inches deep inside the run to make cleaning/sanitation easier. On the left hand side in the picture above there are going to be quail pens (1 breeding pen and two or three "grow out" pens) attached to the fence inside the run. I was going to start construction on the quail pens - or go get a load of sand - today, but I've got a tooth that's gone bad on me and I've got to go to the Dentist instead.... Joy. Probably looking at either a root canal or outright tooth extraction.

Double Joy.

We'll see what, if anything, I can manage to get done this weekend.

No comments: