Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Antidote to Old?... and Thanks.

I've been really feeling my age here lately and it's got me down. Thanks to everyone who commented on the Paladin-don't-bounce post :) I haven't been replying to comments here or commenting much on other blogs since last wednesday since I'm still having to type one handed now. The well wishes are appreciated, though.

It started with the prolonged dental misery at the hands of a dentist who I'm pretty sure is the last remaining Nazi to remain uncaptured by the Israelis. Grey and dreary Winter is lingering on too - with tantalizing hints of warm spring just out of reach. Add on my recent full force encounter with the immovable object that is Mother Earth, and I've been feeling about a million years old.

You know what's good for that?

Well, lots of things actually.

But one of the things that always makes me feel better is reminding myself of the exuberance of youth... that lively spark of excitement and energy that fills (some) young people with enough energy and charisma to power a small city if you could just plug into it.

Here's an example of what I mean.... Meet Michelle Jenneke.



Yeah.. Yeah... I know. She's a pretty girl.

But that's not what I'm talking about. Michelle isn't a model. She runs Track & Field for Australia, specifically: The Hurdles. She was largely an unknown, except among people who follow track, until a Television camera caught her doing an excited little dance to stay warmed up before running the hurdles at a track meet in Spain.



Not only does she embody the "exuberance of youth" that I was talking about - she also went on to kick everyone else's ass in that race :)

I'm telling you, forget about solar, wind, and all the other alternative energy schemes... just find a way to harness her kind of energy and we'd be good to go!

Physically I'm still a wreck.. but at least my attitude feels a little bit better now :)

3 comments:

LL said...

That is clearly the antidote for age.

hiswiserangel said...

I admire ANYONE, male/female, pretty/ugly who can run the hurdles. That kind of grace and agility is far beyond my reach. And for once, a pretty girl post made me smile instead of mutter "bitch" under my breath. ;-)

Kal said...

The same thinks that keep you young do the same for me. Beauty in all it's forms my friend.